- Improves neural drive to the muscles
- Activates internal and external oblique
- Training one limb will enhance neural drive to the opposite limb
- Promotes intramuscular coordination or neuromuscular efficiency throughout the entire body
- Training in all 3 planes of motion at one time. (Front to back, side to side, rotating side to side or diagonally)
- Increased stability, strength, and power when performing the same exercises unilaterally(two limbs at a time)
- Improved movement efficiency and exercise economy
- Creates balanced strength on both sides
- Adds more variety to your fitness routine that will minimize the risk of a plateau. You Keep Getting Muscle Soreness!
Thursday, August 7, 2014
The Many Benefits of Bilateral Training
Here are 9 benefits of bilaterally training:
Surprisingly these are just a few of the many benefits that you get from training with one limb at a time. Just working out consistently with variation in general will lead to even more of the many benefits. Sometimes all you need is a tip like this to accelerate progression, prevent injury, and stay motivated.